Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams go, life is a barren field, frozen with snow. --Langston Hughes
The Act of Looking Up
-
*by Lili Taylor*
I've discovered something interesting about the act of looking up. Try this
experiment when you're next out on the street. Stand on the s...
Ode to Canada
-
*Lake Ontario, 1688*
Even a short trip from Michigan to Canada refreshes the US visitor’s
confidence that an inclusive multicultural democracy is not o...
ABOUT AICL'S YEAR IN REVIEW: 2025
-
*AICL'S YEAR IN REVIEW: 2025*
For several reasons, Jean and I are not able to do our yearly list of best
books. We expect to do a 2026 list that will incl...
AUTHOR PAGE COMING SOON!
-
I’m busy trying to turn this into a fancy author website! For now, please
visit www.GingerMancino.com for news and information about my middle grade
novel ...
Game casino yang menghasilkan uang
-
Semua penjudi pasti memiliki satu tujuan dalam pikiran: Memenangkan
permainan kasino yang mereka mainkan. Masalahnya, ini bisa menjadi
pekerjaan yang sul...
The New One-Way Street
-
After many years on the Typepad platform, I'm moving One-Way Street to a
new platform. You can access the new One-Way Street here. As always, thanks
for re...
Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
-
Not to brag, but I make pretty awesome potato soup. This recipe is based on
my potato soup recipe, but I decreased the potatoes and added other
vegetables ...
Plumbing the Depths of Ignorance on Social Media
-
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ Lately, I have been involved
with an ongoing issue with one of the major social networking websites. One
of ...
Overheard on Vacation
-
Cynthia: "This valley is so green and pretty, I love how gorgeous this
canyon is.
Oh, wait, my new sunglasses are making everything look doubly green. Dan...
Clara’s 2014 School Clothes
-
[image: http://southwestus.com/paperdolls/ClaraDress82-MelindaBowers.pdf]Clara’s
clothes are some pretty simple outfits for school. A couple of t-shirts,
...
They Get Everything Wrong
-
Throughout my adult life, I've been a skeptic. Back in the days before
social science departments fell prey to fill-in-the-blank studies,
professors in t...
Best Films of 2016
-
2016 was a great year for films. Usually I am able to narrow things down
to a top 10 or at most a top 15. This year I have a top 27 because I saw
that ma...
Sump Pump Problem
-
The importance of having a sump pump in the basement cannot be
underestimated as it is responsible for keeping the home flood free.
However, there are many...
How Do I Get My Kid To Sleep in His Own Bed?
-
Dear Mouthy Housewives, Our son is almost 4 and still sleeps in bed with
us; right there between my husband and me. It’s awful. No one’s getting any
good s...
A Cow Story from Stake Conference
-
One of the perks of being a general authority's wife is hearing the
stories. My husband comes home from weekend conferences with all kinds of
amazing stor...
vintage
-
GUYS! Thought of you today. It's seriously INSANE to think I blogged my
first blog FIVE years ago! HOW HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG??? Love that it's long
enough ...
Too much information?
-
Remember when I used to blog? Remember how it was sarcastic and light and
fun to read? I think I have been having a hard time the past few years
feeling ...
Remembering the civil rights struggle
-
We celebrate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., on January 21.
Here is a curated set of film clips that serve to recall the major
challenges ...
Christmas Cupcakes
-
[image: christmas cupcakes]
Try this very different idea for Christmas gifts. How do Christmas cupcakes
decorated like a Christmas ball decoration soun...
When You're Here, You're Family!
-
As if the bread sticks and chicken alfredo weren't enough, did someone
really need to blow the whistle on Olive Garden's "Culinary Institute of
Tuscany" ...
Thanks for Your Concern - But I'm Safe
-
I want to start off by voicing my sincere gratitude for the hundreds of you
who called, emailed, text messaged, Facebooked, Twittered, and FedEx-ed
your de...
An anthropologist examining online poker
-
*Talking to Science Journalists*
*Perhaps because of the strange combination of being a cultural
anthropologist studying online poker, I was invited to give...
A Book Review for Abe
-
*Tried by War: Abraham Lincoln as Commander in ChiefBy James M.
McPhersonNew York: The Penguin Press, 2008, 329 pp.*
By Leiland Tanner
Respected Americ...
3 comments:
I was glad to see a tribute to a great man and prophet. Thanks... very much.
I dont know if you heard the bit they did on him this morning on NPR, but I thought it was a lovely little tribute.
my bossman just gave me his condolences!
Post a Comment