Wednesday, March 4

The Way Things Should Be


That little boy
whose passion is music
and computers
and vacuum cleaners
and cricket phones
whose whole being is Joy
is far away.


That little boy
on stroller walks
who sat content

and babbled mystery talk

whose laughter meant
everything
is far away.


That little boy


who loved to be a dog
and his boyish things
bare feet in clover
and playground swings
eating bread reserved for
ducks at the pond
who was fond of apples
and broccoli "trees"
who missed his mama
whenever he was somewhere else
with us . . .

is now going to light up the day
and point out the moon
for others who love him
just as much
as we do.

How I miss that little boy,
Jack.

Love Always ~ Mimi


Good fortune and happiness to James, Trisha & Jackson in their new home in Bakersfield, CA.


3 comments:

robin marie said...

sad and happy day - i guess it is bitter sweet.

who took that picture of you two at my wedding? that is a great picture.

Jay said...

Wow, I was expecting a happy ending! Bittersweet is not quite the word... I felt like I was really getting to know him!

I hope you are able to see him from time to time ... so I can.

Eutychus said...

J-A-C, AND WITH A K! NAH NAH NAH, NAH, NAH NAH NAH!